Thursday, March 08, 2007

Writing Contest

We are members of the Australia Zoo online club which includes a quarterly magazine from Australia Zoo. It came in the mail today and there was an advertisement that if you send them a letter in 25 words or less you could win a trip there. The kids immediately dropped what they were doing and wrote three letters. After they wrote the letters I noticed that the contest is only open to Australians..which, obviously we aren't. Although, the kids did ask why we can't move there so we could win. Here is what they each said:

Landon:
I want to have a trip to Australia Zoo because
I think zoos are awesome. I want to see what Steve's life was like
Trisytn:
I love Steve Irwin. I want to go to Australia Zoo and
see the animals. I want to see kangaroos. I want to meet Bindi.
Kyleigh:
I would want to go because it would be fun and I think
it would be a good, fun experience.

I thought the kids deserved some recognition somewhere! They are bummed they can't enter the contest, but I am proud of them for trying.

No comments: