Monday, May 04, 2009

McKenzie's Surgery

McKenzie had surgery on Thursday. She had a g-tube inserted in her tummy and reconstruction surgery on her eye. Consequently, she was unable to see for a couple of days. I went and saw her at the hospital on Friday night and then brought her and Bethany home on Saturday. We had to ask the nurse to put these things on her arms because she's so smart and was trying to rip off the eye patch, she even figured out how to get out of these arms things. She's a little escape artist. Her little toes. So sweet!


Sucking her thumb as we were getting ready to leave the hospital.


Her first smile in three days. I'm so glad I caught it, her mommy was thrilled to finally see her smiling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to kiss her little toes (don't tell Holly, it will gross her out...lol)... It is amazing to see sweet little face. Does the tape get to stay off, or is it back on until her next surgery?

Amy.

Heather said...

I think it's back on. I haven't seen her since we brought her home. But, I'm fairly certain that it's back on. I don't know if you can tell in the pic, but her cheeks are really red from the tape so Bethany was going to give her a little break and then put it back. Only a few more weeks though and then we get to see her face forever!! I can't wait!

I won't tell Holly. I want to kiss them too! So sweet!