Thursday, November 08, 2007

Rome...Finally!

I have been completely unmotivated to get my Rome pictures up, but here are a few.

This, of course, is the Colosseum. It was amazing. We did a tour of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. On this day, Holly & I started our day at our hotel (of course - LOL!) and headed straight for the Colosseum. It took us 10 hours of walking Rome to get back to our hotel.
Trevia Fountain
Dinner the night of our 10 hour walk. Yes, we ate at McDonalds. We were so exhausted and homesick that McDonalds was a welcome site!
Here I am back at our hotel. For some odd reason I decide to pose with my dear friend, Pepsi. After 10 hours of walking in a foreign country, you do strange things. I was pretty desperate for this Pepsi, I paid 6 Euro for this..which equals about $8.
Here was dinner the first night. We were pretty traumatized and just went to a small market. A great dinner of rolls, Funky Chips, nasty jelly, chocolate and mineral water (that we thought was regular water..that was a surprise)
Here is one of my favorite statues from the Vatican Museum. You don't see many statues of a mother and child so I fell in love with this one.

While I was in Rome, I did not particularly like it or understand it. Now, I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to go there and would gladly go again. Being in Rome was initially hard, it was the first time that Holly & I were truly on our own. We had been away from our kids for a week and deeply missed them. Despite the emotional issues we faced in Rome, we learned a lot of history, spent hours roaming the city and never once got lost. We saw paintings by Leonardo De Vinci, sculptures by Michael Angelo, the Sistine Chapel, Pantheon, the list goes on and on. It truly was amazing!

No comments: