Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Day

Christmas morning started out extremely eventful. After the kids had opened their Santa present and their stockings, Landon went out to play. About 10 minutes after playing outside we hear the front door open and Landon's voice quivering "Dad!". Once I heard that voice, I knew that something was wrong. It turns out Landon had stepped on a rusty sewing needle, which resulted in a "quick" trip to the ER on Christmas morning.

Here is the needle sticking out of his shoe

The x-ray

Here is my poor boy hooked up to an IV. They had to give him antibiotics through an IV due to the fact that the needle went through his shoe. Apparently it's much worse to step on a needle through your shoe then barefoot due to the bacteria in your shoe.


Prior to the hospital incident, the kids opened their presents from Santa.



After we got home from the hospital my parents, sisters and their families came down for dinner. We had a nice time together. And, look who is sitting up


And, starting to crawl

Unfortunately, I was sick over Christmas and so was Dan. I realized while looking over my Christmas pictures that I don't have any of Allie and Maddie from Christmas Day. In fact, the day ended with Landon and I asleep on the floor. I guess the day was just too much for the both of us.

1 comment:

Kayren said...

Hi, Heather,
Hope it's okay that I kept this blog address and am coming by to check on you. I didn't ever get to leave a comment originally when you gave out the address. I had just finished reading the post and then I had to get off the computer immediately to leave the house or it was something with the kids...I don't remember what now...and then I never got back around to doing it. I'm bad about stuff like that.

So now I'm getting around to leaving a comment even though I've checked in a couple of other times. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. McKenzie is doing wonderful! Would love for you to be back at Crazyville again...miss you.

Kayren