Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve

Okay, another two months since I have posted. This is ridiculous! I am going to be flat out honest and say that I don't feel like posting now but I know if I don't get it done, I just won't. I'm trying to be happy and upbeat, but I don't feel it this week. I actually just wish this week would hurry up and be over with. I could go into all that, but I will save that for December 31st. For now, I need to blog about Christmas.

First off was our Christmas Eve service. Can I tell you how proud I am of these two? Dan has been signing quite regularly at church and this time, Matt (Pastor) wanted him to do a duet with Julie (Matt's wife). Only thing is Julie hasn't sung in public and Dan has never done a duet. These two worked so hard and it turned out beautiful. They sung Christmas Offering and it was amazing. Made us all stop and think about the true reason for Christmas.



Ky and I even had a small part in the service. I had to speak (thankfully Matt had it all scripted for me) and Ky got to light a candle. It really was such a nice service with so many people contributing. It was a great reminder that during this time of year, it's not about the gifts, the goodies made or getting everything done. It's about stopping and remembering about that baby that was born to save us all. I really enjoyed the service and the time spent with our awesome church family!



After church we headed over to my mom's house for Christmas Eve to open presents. We had so much fun.

Look what Kyleigh got!





Dan got one too, and I'm loving watching these two figure their guitars out. It's so much fun having music in the house, makes me want to play the piano again, we'll see.

Ms. McKenzie was not impressed by the guitars and went fast to sleep

Apparently this post is mostly about Dan and Ky, but these pics are just too darn cute not to share.

Christmas Eve was a very blessed evening. Christmas Day proved to be interesting, and there were moments where I had to look for the blessings.

No comments: