Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Bunch of Randomness!

Seriously, I haven't posted since December 28th. Man! That's just crazy. It kinda seems odd to me to just post randomly once every three months but oh well, I'll post anyway. I know there are about 3 people interested :)

Unfortunately, I have lost my battery charger for my camera so I do not have any current pictures of anyone, besides what is on my iPhone. I went through my iPhone and picked some pictures from the last several weeks.

Allie had surgery last Thursday to take her tonsils out. She was such a little trooper. On Wednesday night, she had to give Kyleigh 100 kisses before we could go home :) Kyleigh spoke with all of her teachers and was able to take Thursday off to be with Allie. Allie loved that and Kyleigh stayed in bed with Allie to help her feel better. Allie is doing much better now, although it was so tough in the beginning. They even needed to take her back up to the hospital last Saturday in order to have an IV because she was so dehydrated.





Two Sundays ago was such an incredibly beautiful day that Dan and I could not fathom staying inside, so we literally dragged Kyleigh & shockingly, Landon, out for a hike. He normally loves to hike and is cooperative, however this time, required some dragging on our part. Ky's friends were more then willing to go, my kids were the problem. I intend to hike this year. I say that every year but then am usually held back by one thing or another. Not this year, I'm so tired of just sitting at home doing nothing. I will do what I love. I have already told Dan that for Mother's Day, I am buying hiking boots, I can't wait! I haven't had them since the fire, and I really missed them the few times I did hike last year.

Here are some pictures of that day:

Here is Ky with her BFFs (Best Friends Forever). Usually one, or all, of these girls are at our house every night and it is so much fun! I love having a house full of kids. In fact, last night was the first night in probably over 2 weeks that I only had two kids at the house, and they are two of my own, no extras. We seriously find so much joy in loving these kids. They bring loudness and happiness to our house, plus alot of really great conversations. These girls are smart and know how to think.


We are gearing up for Spring Break. Dan's sister and niece are coming to stay for a few days. They haven't seen the house since before the fire so we are excited to spend some time with them. That means...cleaning!!! Yep, my kids are spending this Saturday cleaning their rooms. I'm going to help though and I'm hoping it doesn't take too long. I thought today was going to be rainy, but the sun is out and beautiful.

LOL!! Kyleigh's puppy, Chloe is running around the house barking and Ky just said to Chloe "No one thinks you are cute when you do that". Hmmm, I think I have a new saying for when my kids are being punks! That's great.

Here is a picture of Dan & I from the last Saturday in February. Dan's uncle passed away and this is us before the funeral. It's a great picture of us, but notice what's in my hand??? Ugh!! Stupid phone! That thing is attached to me. I'm slowly trying to do better and when I am home I usually put it down. I need to live in the moment with the people I am with and love, not my phone.




How do you like this post? Just a bunch of randomness, which is pretty much how I live my life...fairly randomly :) I should rename the blog to The Random Life and Times of the Thomson Family.

Thanks for reading, see you in six weeks :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love It!!! The randmness is probably the best part. I Loved the See you in six weeks!!!

Love you
Amy

Jane Lee said...

We will take what we can get! We can't all be blog freaks like my daughter! (and I thank GOD for that). Great to hear from you. Give your Mom a hug from me!